Friday, August 3, 2007

Insult to Injury

Nothing new here, good for a laugh. And a tear or two.

"Here we have the haves and the have mores. Some call you the elite; I call
you my base." -George W. Bush, at a black tie 2000 campaign event.

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people.. and neither do we."
- George W. Bush

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

"You work three jobs? … Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." --to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005

In the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy shit we're all gonna die.

1 comment:

Giancarlo said...

A few of those quotes were in fahrenheit 9/11.... the first one was actually at the Whitehouse Correspondents Dinner. Journalists and comedians make fun of the President, sort of like a Roast, but with more sticks up people's asses. Then the President gets up and pokes fun at himself and others. It's been held every year for the last 50odd years. Things said there aren't supposed to be taken quite as literally.